Impaired Driving Lawyers Serving Calgary
People make mistakes – sometimes it’s a driver who’s had a little too much, sometimes it’s an officer making an arrest. But the bigger mistake is not defending yourself properly if you have been charged with impaired driving.
Don’t let the wheels come off
If you have been charged with or are facing arrest for impaired driving, call Hoare and Claxon now at 1-587-315-0447.
An impaired can change your life and career
There is a lot on the line with an impaired driving charge. A conviction can affect your career, your lifestyle and your family. Driving is your freedom. Losing your licence and the ability to drive can negatively impact many areas of life.
Penalties for impaired driving can include:
- Losing your license
- Suspended driving privileges
- Career issues
- Termination of employment
- Permanent criminal record
- Immigration status issues
- Inhibited ability to work with or care for children
- DUI classes or mandatory treatment programs
- Car insurance premium increases
Don’t take any chances: hire Ryan Claxton to help defend you from impaired driving charges and the possible consequences of a conviction.
Need A DUI Lawyer in Calgary?
Suspicion of impairment from a controlled or illegal substance – drugs, alcohol or even legal prescription medication – may lead a police offer to charge you with impaired driving, or even arrest you.
This means they have reason to believe that you have consumed a substance or chemical and are in such condition that it impairs your ability to safely operate your vehicle. Most often this involves drinking and driving.
Beating impaired driving charges
The task of the impaired driving attorney is to raise questions as to the accuracy of the evidence and the way in which the charges were laid. There may be reason to believe you were impaired, but there may also be reason to believe otherwise.
For example, our experienced team at Ryan Claxton we employ different strategies in conjunction to cast doubt on the charges:
- Call into question the methods of determining sobriety
- Challenge the legality of the traffic stop
- Challenge the police investigation
- Cross-examine witness testimony
- Undermine the Crown’s evidence using testimony of expert toxicologists’
- Challenge legislation, codes or statutes, or DUI laws
Trust your impaired driving defense to our legal experts. Call Ryan Claxton today, 1-587-315-0447.